Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) is a flammable mixture of various hydrocarbons, and majorly consists of propane and butane. LPG gas is colorless and odorless; and emits less quantity of CO2 when compared to petrol or diesel. Thus, LPG is extensively used as a cooking fuel, both in commercial and residential setups throughout the country. Application of LPG in the industrial sector is also increasing, owing to growing use of LPG as a feedstock in petrochemical plants in the country. Moreover, rising demand from transport segment and increasing consumption of LPG to produce various chemical components such as propylene, ethylene, butadiene, etc., is further anticipated to boost demand for LPG in the country in the coming years. Furthermore, increasing prices of naptha, rising LPG imports and expanding distribution network are anticipated to fuel consumption of LPG in India during FY17-FY26.
According to “India LPG Market By End Use Segment, By Source, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, FY2012 - FY2026”, LPG consumption in India is forecast to surpass 35 MMT by FY26. North region dominated India LPG market over the past few years, and is further forecast to continue dominating the market through FY26. North region comprises several LPG bottling plants, oil refineries and petrochemical plants. Moreover, residential segment accounted for a lion’s share in India LPG market in FY16, and the segment is anticipated to continue dominate the market through FY26. In order to increase availability of LPG in the country and foster competition, private sector was allowed to market LPG from April 1993, by decentralizing imports of such petroleum products. This is anticipated to boost adoption of LPG in various end user segments across the country. “India LPG Market By End Use Segment, By Source, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, FY2012 - FY2026” discusses the following aspects India LPG Market across the country (India):
• Global LPG Market Overview
• India LPG Market Overview
• India LPG Market Outlook
• India LPG Market Size, By Volume
• Segmental Analysis - By End Use Segment (Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Transport and Others), By Source (Crude Oil Distillation, NGL & LNG Fractionation and Imports)
• Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
• Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
• To gain an in-depth understanding of India LPG market
• To identify the on-going trends, and to anticipate growth in the market through FY26
• To help industry consultants and India LPG companies align their market-centric strategies
• To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
• To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
• To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary research. Primary research included interviews with LPG companies, distributors & industry experts. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.
Related Research Reports: India Gas Market Report