Our skin absorbs many things including chemicals. Considering the number of makeup and skincare products we use every day, it’s easy to understand the amount of chemicals that go in our pores. Over the years, regulatory bodies have approved the use of certain chemicals and parabens, at least in small quantities. However, researchers, skin experts, and dermatologists believe that there’s no substitute to natural skincare.
Understanding natural skincare
Natural skincare is all about using the most natural ingredients. This can be further divided into herbal, natural and organic segments. Now, every manufacturer has a unique way of developing products, and in many cases, the process is kept safe, like a well-guarded secret. Even the regulatory authorities don't have a big say in this, barring giving a list of do’s and don'ts. So, what can you expect from natural skincare?
1. First things first, these products don't have any form of chemical or preservatives that are harmful to the skin.
2. These are formulated with 100% natural products and ingredients. Please note that natural and organic does not always mean the same thing. We will discuss this in a bit.
3. Thirdly, the products are formulated in a particular country, as mentioned.
4. Also, a number of companies don't use animal testing for natural products, which is a big plus.
How to choose natural products for the skin?
You would be happy to know that natural products are available in both skincare and makeup. However, the primary task is to find the right brand. Whether you are looking for a special homemade face mask or a massage cream, you need to check a few basics.
● Start with the label. A good manufacturer will ensure 100% transparency on their product label. You will find all the relevant details on the product packet or the sticker.
● Check the ingredients. This is equally important. You need to check if all the ingredients are natural and mentioned as required. Do not buy products that just mention the ‘Key Ingredients”.
● Check the brand. Is the brand reputable? Are they certified by any of the regulatory bodies or independent labs? If yes, you can definitely trust the company for their products.
● Natural or organic? By organic, it means that the ingredients are made without any additional fertilizers and chemicals. So yes, organic products are always better than just natural products. Check if the products are certified to be organic.
● Is the product formulated for sensitive skin? Most of the natural skin and makeup products are considered to be good for sensitive skin, but that's an aspect you need to check.
Lastly, you need to check reviews. There are bloggers and other websites that review natural skincare products, and you can find a lot of amazing facts and details. Also, the first-hand experience from other users is always useful in comparing options. Not to forget, check the price. Since such products don't have a lot of preservatives and chemicals, the costs are higher but are worth paying. Check online now and start shopping for your stash!
Connect with Us
Phone: (636) 288-2009